Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Infertility After C-sections

A friend in a VBAC group I am in told me an OB recently said scar tissue (adhesions) after a c-section were the #1 known cause of secondary infertility.

I found a good article I will link here but if you don't want to read the technical talk here is the most important part:

13/204 (6.4%) of women who underwent cesarean section developed secondary infertility compared with 5/224 (2.2%) of those with a vaginal delivery (p0.06). 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3618689

Those odds are AFTER taking out all women who used birth control, and all woman who'd previously dealt with infertility.

We're talking about going in for testing to see if I have scarring or adhesions or anything from my c-section causing us to be unable to conceive. But for now we'll just continue trying and hopefully it's just my body being stubborn and I will conceive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Dust!